Well-Being in the Workplace
“A growing number of U.S. businesses are shifting focus from employee wellness programs to well-being initiatives – more comprehensive health and productivity programs that tackle elements such as the workforce’s emotional and mental health, social connectivity, financial education, sense of fulfillment on the job, and many other aspects.”
Corporate Well-Being Solutions
“In the face of major disruption across many industries and organizations, human-centric leadership and well-being have never been more important.”
— Post-Graduate Certification in Positive Psychology and Well-Being
“Throughout my career, as a talent specialist and corporate culture strategist, I’ve been on the front lines of many leadership and professional development innovations.
For over a decade, L&D experts have endorsed the merits of workplace Well-Being. Today, I see Well-Being programs gaining more traction as organizations discover their far-reaching benefits.
Across the corporate world, there is mounting recognition of the significant role Well-Being strategies contribute to workplace productivity. Enhanced physical and mental health, greater resiliency and more positive employee experiences leading to innovation – even reduced levels of stress – are all benefits of Well-Being initiatives designed to stimulate increased productivity.
Well-Being programs demonstrate that when people discover how to take care of themselves – to recharge physically and mentally:
- Their performance improves
- They become more resilient; they adopt more flexible attitudes
- They are able to relieve stress and focus on the work at hand
- They develop greater empathy to make positive, emotional connections with colleagues
- They are more collaborative and productive
- As leaders, they are aware of how to protect the psychological safety of their teams
Customized Well-Being Solutions for your organization
At Corporate Class, our customized Well-Being programs are structured to:
- Developmental, emotional and physical agility through the power of the mind-body connection
- Build resilience – equip people to adapt to change while maintaining productivity
- Integrate finely honed presence
- Deal with potential stress and negative emotions
- Create psychological safety
Workplace Stress: The Health Epidemic of the 21st Century
“In 2013 Gallup announced 70% of the American workforce was disengaged, and the World Health Organization estimated workplace stress costing American businesses up to $300 billion a year… both statistics are a harsh reality and each continue to rise.
So much so that stress has been called the ‘health epidemic of the 21st century’ by the World Health Organization. An epidemic that will be one of the most significant challenges businesses face over the next decade – a threat to engagement, productivity, retention and looming health care costs.”
Building a culture of Well-Being to sustain high performance
“In the face of today’s exceedingly competitive landscape, peak level performance is an expectation – in every aspect of life.”
“People feel tremendous pressure from both external forces and self-imposed determination to deliver –instantly. This high-pressure environment contributes immensely to their anxiety, resulting in the ‘stress epidemic.’
Research shows that technical advances, allowing far greater connectivity, have intensified workplace stress as people stay connected for longer periods of time, often 24/7. Minimizing stress through work-life integration is a noble goal and one that demands clearly delineated checks, balances and stability.
Well-Being strategies are significant contributors to achieving these objectives. Today, Well-Being programs are widely identified as integral to leadership development. Their focus is reducing stress to sustain high performance, while creating an awareness of work-life balance parameters.
Our role is to make it possible for workplaces to experience the benefits – to create a culture of Well-Being where people excel and organizations prosper.”
Five benefits of Corporate Well-Being
- Impact the bottom line with improved financial performance
- Attract and retain talent
- Raise the psychological safety of teams
- Strengthen success when navigating change
- Empower people through physical and mental wellness
For more information
Contact Corporate Class Inc.
416-967-1221 Ext 107