Presentation Skills Training 1-Day Workshop
We work with organizations to develop customized Presentation Skills Workshops, appropriate for each organizational level:
- Team Leaders
- New Leaders
- People Managers
- New Professionals
Our initial role is collaborating with designated corporate staff to establish talent development and Presentation Training goals for each sector to:
- Present information that engages
- Convey leadership and authority
- Influence and persuade
Soft skills training is today’s greatest professional development challenge
Communications skills indicate important leadership qualities, and yet, as a fundamental soft skill, presentation training often takes a backseat to technical emphasis. Today, communications skills are imperative to impart technical expertise and knowledge.
This applies to members of every organizational level, whether explaining material to direct reports and colleagues, presenting to senior leaders, or during exchanges between senior executives.
Effective business communication is the exclusive focus of this Presentation Workshop, with multiple options available specifically for each organizational level.
For Seasoned Executives, experienced at making presentations, we provide preparation for:
- High stakes situations
- Delivering scripted addresses at conferences
- Conducting media briefings
For Team Leaders and New Leaders, the emphasis is refining their skills:
- Maintaining a powerful presence through body language and tonality
- Learning to ask for commitment
- Being responsive and flexible to the changing needs of the audiences
- Handling impromptu, unexpected situations
For People Managers and New Professionals, the emphasis is on is preparing and presenting information with polished proficiency, at the full range of daily business interactions:
- Structuring presentations for impact
- Developing proper notes to stay on message
- Bridging to key messages
- Creating full-scale PowerPoint presentations
Strategies for developing authority
Presentation structure: How to organize materials
We emphasize systems for organizing content and ideas to achieve clarity, effective messaging and attentive listeners:
- Getting to the heart of the matter right from start is critical.
To persuade listeners to keep an open mind and bring them over to the presenter’s point of view requires:
- Stating the value, and benefits – the bottom-line – at the beginning of every presentation.
We train people to express key messages:
- In every situation, from large or small group sessions to one-on-one exchanges.
Presentation and Delivery
- The route to success is practice, just like learning to play golf or the piano. When speakers are confident, they are poised, not panicky.
- We cover techniques to stay on message – and avoid rambling, even under pressure.
- Visual aids and handouts enhance presentations. We review the methodology necessary to meet today’s high standards and expectations.
This is an essential coaching tool used extensively during all training sessions to ensure participants master the skills quickly, and to their maximum advantage.