“The Brand Called You: You Can’t Move Up If You Don’t Stand Out.”
— Tom Peters, American writer on business management practices, widely known for In Search of Excellence
CCI empowers aspiring women and men to establish their own Executive Presence imprint through Personal Branding. Participants define and refine their leadership strengths to fine-tune their own Personal Brand, leading to the development of a truly authentic Executive Presence.
Your Personal Brand
Almost 20 years ago, business management guru Tom Peters introduced the concept of personal branding with, The Brand Called You: You Can’t Move Up If You Don’t Stand Out. It’s a powerful title that made some waves but didn’t immediately rush personal branding to the front line position it holds now. Today, personal branding plays a vital role in corporate life.
What exactly is a Personal Brand?
- It’s essentially a person’s Reputation with a capital “R”
- It’s what people say about someone when they’re not in the room
- The implications are clear: The more visible the Reputation is, and the better it is, the more powerful the brand
Building a Personal Brand
Self-awareness is the first stage to equip participants to fine-tune their leadership skills. An important component of the self-awareness process involves the perceptions of others.
Key to developing a personal branding strategy is the understanding that it’s not an “autobiography” of self-promotion but what others say about the person. Essential components are:
Personal Branding Session
1. This interactive session guides participants through the process of building a Personal Brand using a step-by-step system to explore key branding contributors:
- Core values
- Interactions with people
- Personalized Unique Selling Proposition
- First Impressions people form
- Visual Identity
- Strengths and Weaknesses
2. Participants examine techniques to effectively Communicate a Personal Brand:
- Effective Interpersonal skills – from networking and introductions to working a room
- Strategic brand pitch
- Promoting a Personal Brand through Social Media
3. An integral component of Executive Presence is developing, managing and promoting a Personal Brand to better understand how to:
- Stand out
- Be remembered
- Add more value
CCI offers a unique assessment process that reveals:
- How the world sees you
- Your top 10 brand personas
- Your top 5 leadership competencies
- Your best team role
Using CCI’s exclusive Executive Presence descriptive and psychometric tools, plus, two internationally recognized and complementary systems, this option is available to Course participants and private clients. The goal is to understand what makes each individual unique and consequently, to become even more authentic and more confident.
“Your reputation follows you everywhere you go, and if you don’t manage it yourself, others will manage it for you.” —Diane Craig, President and Founder, Corporate Class Inc.