Leadership Courses Toronto: Leading with Emotional Intelligence
90-minute, interactive training
Emotional Intelligence is the root of all soft skills that ultimately set effective leadership apart.
Emotional Intelligence is the ability to identify both personal emotions – and those of others – and decide on the best course of action. This all happens in a split second.
The intelligence part is what people do with this information to manage and modify their behavior in varying circumstances, to achieve goals. Often called EQ, to emphasize its status and importance – like IQ – Emotional Intelligence both defines and sets superior leaders apart.
EQ, unlike IQ, has high-growth potential to flourish with two key additives:
- Increased self-awareness
- Application and practice
During this session, participants examine the building blocks of emotional and social intelligence to sharpen their personal emotional awareness. They learn how to:
- Improve self-awareness, resulting in control over actions and emotions
- Understand, perceive and express emotions
- Develop strategies to regulate and control emotions by anticipating triggers
- Motivate people and influence behavior
Emotionally intelligent people have a competitive advantage. As both leaders and team members, they typically demonstrate the potential to:
- Improve communication for better performance
- Engage team members
- Collaborate to build stronger relationships
- Contribute to a climate of psychological safety and trust
- Adjust to change easily
Participants have the opportunity to examine their personal EQ Quotient with a choice of two options:
- EQ-i 2.0 Leadership Self-Assessment
- 360 Assessment
Following the assessment process, debriefing with a CCI certified coach takes place during a dedicated one-on-one feedback and action-planning session. For further details please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.