Do you want to add a little holiday spirit into your attire, but stop short at the thought of a reindeer sweater or a candy cane tie? Don’t fret: dressing in the spirit of the season doesn’t have to be over-the-top. Both women and men can nod to the holidays with stylish yet subtle accents to their attire. Here are a few 2013 holiday fashions that let you celebrate the season with your wardrobe.
Women’s Attire & Accessories
If there is one accessory, which has dominated the 2013 fashion accessory world, and definitely should be on your holiday favorite list: The Pearl. Often seen as a traditional accessory, the timeless elegance the pearl offers has gone through a few modern makeovers offering a more contemporary chic look while still capturing the elegance we all so love. The pearl choker can be added to any outfit for that extra touch of holiday sophistication and glamour. Here are some great options:
- Zara Pearl Necklace
- J.Crew Pearl Cluster Necklace
- Jacob Mixed Faux-Pearl Necklace
- Banana Republic Golden Pearl Layer Necklace
- Chanel Cultured Pearls
Metallics, which saw there way to the runways a few years back are still going strong and are always a festive go-to accent during the holidays. To add brightness into your attire, you don’t need to don a fully sequined top: even just a stripe or sheen of gold or silver in any garment adds just the right amount of shimmer.
Shimmer Without The Glitter Attire:
- For a metallic accent that can easily make the transition from the office to the cocktail reception, try the new line of L’Wren Scott Collection black crackle blazer. A classically cut jacket that exudes just the right amount of festive glamour.
- For a more evening bold look, BCBGMaxazria offers this stunning, classically cut long sleeved braided sequenced dress . Wear it with a delicate black evening jacket and all eyes will be on you.
- Or, if you’re heading out to a cocktail party and want a bold but more casual holiday look, this chevron striped gold sequined skirt from the Banana Republic might be your gold accent of choice.
If you want to keep your attire basic but are still looking to add brightness to your look, try working a hint of gold or silver in through your accessories.
- This delicate draped-chain necklace by Maxazria offered in both gold and silver, can easily be added to any dress or jacket/skirt combination for that extra hint of chic – glamour.
- Wear a thin bracelet at work or at a party that adds subtle shine to your wrist, like this crystal flower gold bangle from J.Crew.
- Heading out after work to a dazzling holiday function? Swap out your workbag or briefcase for a glitzy clutch, like this Nadja metal mesh clutch or Harlow metallic envelop clutch by Mazazria. A great way to add glamour and sophistication to any outfit.
Men’s Attire & Accessories
Depending on the standards of formality at work or at a holiday party, a crisp, classic suit is nearly always a reliable go-to for men’s attire. But there are subtle ways that men, too, can add holiday cheer to that classic look.
Pops of Colour:
- Add colour and sophistication to classic suits with elegant accessories. The Ermenegildo Zegna silk ties with their classic geometric patterns and elegant sheen are always the perfect accessories.
- Or, have a bright tone just peeking out of a blazer or suit pocket in the form of a pocket square, here in red silk. Available at Got Style, a Toronto-based clothing and accessories store for men.
- Add a pair of classic cufflinks to a French cuff dress shirt for a more elegant and polished look.
- For a more relaxed look in a business-casual office or at home during the holidays, choose a festive colour in an elegant cashmere sweater.