Comprehensive Group Training in a fast-paced atmosphere
“Acknowledged as Best in the Business of Class Training Series by HR professionals.”
This extensive range of 60 to 90-minute sessions is designed to reinforce the core competencies synonymous with building and developing Executive Presence. Content is customized based on each organization’s goals, and according to participant profiles: Senior executives and management or new recruits, etc.
Lunch and Learn: 14 Sessions
1. Introduction to EP
The NYC-based think-tank, Center for Talent Innovation, published a groundbreaking report on EP in 2012 stating that although talent and top-level performance are mandatory, “Leadership roles are given to those who also look and act the part.”
This session explores the foundations of EP to inspire participants to understand the relationships between other people’s perceptions and their own self-awareness – and the impact these factors have on their personal leadership development. Our goal is to encourage truly authentic presence and to “bring out the best,” of each individual.
2. First Impressions
What do people think of you when they first meet you? We are constantly judging others and being judged. First Impressions are made during that first call or meeting with a new client, new team member, new boss, and with the first voice mail message or visit to your LinkedIn profile. People continue to consider their impressions of you over time. Consider, for example, the first time chairing a meeting with co-workers or making a presentation. How do people react?
- How first impressions are created
- Four variables that influence First Impressions
- The impression they make on others
- How body language can change our minds to create a powerful First Impression
- Intangibles of Executive Presence
- Body language – our non-verbal messages
3. Presentation Skills & Public Speaking
The ability to present information clearly and concisely is a critical executive leadership skill. Today, business people spend significant amounts of time developing presentations for divergent groups. This session focuses on how to prepare and present authoritatively from impromptu talks to full-scale PowerPoint productions. Participants practice the principles of public speaking to create impact and discover how to develop conversational techniques that engage an audience:
- Creating a compelling, focused message
- Persuasive pacing and authoritative delivery techniques
- Responding to an audience
- Redirecting nervous anxiety into positive energy
14 Components For more in-depth coverage of this topic see: COURSES Presentation Skills >
4. Body Language
Our strongest impressions are conveyed visually. Unconscious facial expressions, involuntary movements and body gestures all speak louder than words. Understanding the subtleties and nuances of body language requires training in two essential disciplines, reading signals people send and managing personal non-verbal messaging. Participants receive training in both functions, interpreting body language and controlling their own, to connect, build rapport and strengthen Executive Presence.
10 Components For more in-depth coverage of this topic see: COURSES Body Language >
5. Personal Branding
This session guides participants through the introductory process of building a Personal Brand to establish their own EP imprint. Fine-tuning this Personal Brand requires defining and refining individual leadership strengths to reinforce the development of a truly authentic Executive Presence. Participants use a step-by-step system to explore vital branding contributors from core values and the first impressions people form to interactions with people and a personalized unique selling proposition.
3 Components For more in-depth coverage of this topic see: COURSES Personal Branding >
6. Virtual Communications
As emails, voice mails and texting replace face-to-face business encounters, productive messaging becomes critical. Effective connections are paramount, in conjunction with efficiency and speed. This session covers the application of techno-etiquette to strengthen participants’ communication across all virtual applications: Telephone, email, PDA, plus, managing Social Media – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
7. Media Relations
This session prepares leaders for media interaction from informal encounters to interviews and high-stakes engagement. This comprehensive training covers:
- Handling media requests for coverage
- Managing personal behavior
- Defining an audience
- Planning and constructing key messages
- Communicating target information
- Bridging techniques to bring an interview back to key messages
Workplace Best Practices
8. Office Politics
CCI is privileged to collaborate with Dr. Kathleen Kelley Reardon, USC management professor, leading corporate consultant and author of The Secret Handshake – Mastering the Politics of the Business Inner Circle, described by Amazon as “the ultimate intelligence report” on navigating office politics.
This session explains Dr. Reardon’s concepts on how the fundamentals of political savvy result in reaching the next level. Participants discover how to:
- Recognize their own predisposed advantages
- Showcase and stretch their strengths
- Identify the best techniques to have their ideas listened to and accepted
- Understand the do’s and don’ts that lead to promotion
9. Introduction to Leadership Skills
The essence of this session is to enhance personal performance within the framework of an organization. Leadership Skills comprises over 45-years of Harvard-based leadership-performance research in combination with content developed by West Point Military Academy, and CCI’s specialized Power Coaching.
CCI works with every organization to tailor Course materials from start to finish including: Communications, candidate selection, content implementation.
10. Workplace & Boardroom Savvy
Workplace conduct is defined as the professional behavior that sustains existing corporate culture. During this session, participants cover a range of office environment and boardroom situations in developing executive presence including:
- Responsibilities of both chairing and attending meetings
- Creating a positive impression when visiting or receiving clients
- Building and maintaining a good reputation
- Unspoken rules of work
11. Working a Room
Maximizing networking opportunities at meetings, conferences and trade shows is the nucleus of this session. Participants cover a full range of techniques to make connections and build relationships including:
- Making an entrance
- Mastering the art of introduction
- Successful mingling and small talk
- Remembering names
- Handling food and drinks
- Advance preparation and final follow-up pointers
12. Dining and Business Meals
The ability and confidence to dine anywhere, with anyone, is vital in today’s corporate world where every business meal represents an opportunity for relationship building.
This session is designed to develop participants’ poise and confidence during every dining occasion, whether host or guest. Essential table manners, including toasting are covered, along with the challenges of common dining mistakes and settling the check.
7 Components For more in-depth coverage of this topic see: COURSES Mastering the Art of Executive Dining
13. 10 Key Elements of Business Dress
In today’s fiercely competitive business environment Professional Appearance is critical. Although sometimes perceived as less influential than the other pillars of Executive Presence, a Professional Appearance is often the price of entry. When someone looks the part, an invitation to join is more likely. Once invited, consistently looking and acting the part is compulsory. Participants learn to manage and improve their Professional Appearance through training to heighten a sense of self-awareness. Aspiring leaders at every organization level discover how to maintain a personal sense of style that’s compatible with a persistently professional appearance.
11 Components For more in-depth coverage of this topic see: COURSES Professional Appearance
14. Update and Contemporize Your Look with Makeup Tips of the Trade
Presenting a polished, finished, professional look is essential to career success. The session features the Dos and Don’ts of makeup in the corporate world.
To schedule a Session or for more details,
Contact CCI directly:
Do team members:
- Make a solid, positive First Impression during introductions?
- Move easily from introductions to networking and making connections?
- Converse confidently with diverse groups — from senior management to clients?
- Understand the power of Body Language and the silent signals it sends.
- Present information effectively to small and large groups?
- Present information in a compelling way to potential clients or individual customers?
- Utilize accepted guidelines for virtual communication?
- Project a professional image at business functions?
- Consistently dress appropriately?
- Understand the protocols of business meals?
These highly interactive sessions encourage participant involvement to develop and stimulate new ways of communicating with confidence. Using proven adult education procedures participants practice, discuss and reflect on their learning experience. In this safe environment, they complete a self-assessment and set personal goals for continuing development.
We train and coach participants to look and act appropriately, professionally and confidently while projecting themselves with poise and Executive Presence in every situation.
The depth and breadth of our expertise, credentials and experience is second to none. Our services are in demand with professionals at every level and across all industries from sales professionals, management and administrative teams to senior executives and politicians.