“What Makes you want to be a Leader?”
There are 5 essential components or keys to excellent leadership. They are the door openers that provide access to Leadership Presence. Although each key has a specific role and contribution to make, when they work together, the 5 keys empower leaders to:
- Generate greater team productivity
- Become stronger, more reflective leaders
- Increase the bottom line
Customized On-site Group
- Senior Leaders
- Middle Management
Contact CCI for more information
416-967-1221 Ext 107 OR
Monday 7 May 2018
What is Leadership?
“Leadership is about achieving success through others…”
Fundamentally, Leadership is the action of guiding groups of people to achieve results. Leadership demands the ability to influence, to persuade and convince people through reasoning. Resiliency – a flexible, supple mindset that adapts easily to change is equally important.
An essential starting point for leaders is an awareness and self-assessment of both these skills:
- The art of persuasion
- Resiliency – the capacity to go-with-the-flow and bounce back
The 5 Keys of Leadership Presence
This Course examines the defining characteristics of the five keys, how they support each other and work together:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Motives and Values
- Leadership Styles
- Organizational Climate
- Goal Setting
The layering effect
Each of the 5 keys is significant and without question, impacts leadership – but in combination they function as a finely tuned instrument to effectively engage, inspire and stimulate teams to achieve more valuable results, As we examine these 5 components we begin to understand how the layering process builds a multi-faceted leadership presence:
- When we control our emotions by managing our EQ, we enhance our ability to be heard and to influence.
- When we understand people’s motivations and values, what drives them, we make better connections.
- When we select the best leadership style for a given situation, we’re more likely to realize desired outcomes.
- By creating a composite of these three components we construct a positive work environment or climate, to produce increased output and effort that results in achieving goals.